Re: [css3-syntax] Parser rewritten as recursive-descent, review requested

Le 12/02/2013 12:41, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> Per discussion at the last f2f, I've rewritten the parser section of
> Syntax to be a recursive-descent parser instead of a state machine.
>
> It surprised me just how much simpler this strategy made it, as nearly
> all error-handling is now automatic in the structure of the parser and
> much more intuitive.  The parser itself is much shorter and easier to
> read now, too.  Finally, the parser entry points now work *correctly*
> - they were subtly wrong when I tried to just hack them on top of the
> state machine.
>
> Please review and let me know if anything looks wrong.

Hi,

I notice three changes from the previous draft:

1. Invalid declarations (after the initial ident token) are ignored
silently. They should trigger a parse error.

2. "! important" (with whitespace in-between) is no longer a priority
marker.

3. A delim(!) token in a declaration not followed by "important" is no
longer a parse error.

Other than that, looks fine after a first pass.

Cheers,
--
Simon Sapin