Re: [css-variables] Last call comments

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:00:20 -0800
To: Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>
Cc: Fran├žois REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org> wrote:
> User-Defined Properties might be easier for people to grok.

Once again, I remind people to read the spec:
<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-variables/>.  The stuff on the LHS, the
properties, are already called "Custom Properties".  The spec's title
is "Custom Properties for Cascading Variables".

The term "variable" is only used for the value on the RHS, the var() function.

It would be awesome if people would stop suggesting I make changes
that have been in the specs for months. :/

(No offense, Liam - you came in when I was already annoyed. ^_^)

Note, though, that CSS's custom properties *are* like the programming
community's use of the word (insofar as anything in a declarative
language is like the programming community's use of a word).