Re: [css3-conditional] specifying behavior of CSSGroupingRule.insertRule

On Thursday 2013-02-07 13:33 -0800, L. David Baron wrote:
> Chrome's behavior is that anything other than a single syntactically
> valid rule throws SYNTAX_ERR.  This means an empty string, garbage
> after a rule, or multiple rules, lead to SYNTAX_ERR.  This seems to
> me to be a clear, simple, and reasonable behavior.  I have a test
> for this behavior here:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2013Feb/att-0012/test_group_insertRule_option1.html

> So my conclusion is that I'd like to specify the WebKit behavior
> here, i.e., the option1 test above.
>
> I expect these clarifications should also apply to
> CSSStyleSheet.insertRule as well.

Given the lack of objection so far, I've edited this in to the
editor's draft so that it can be seen in context, and so that the
draft will be ready for publication assuming there's no objection:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/rev/3b40faa91133

-David