Re: box-shadow-[top, right, left, bottom]

On 6/02/2013 8:41 PM, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
> I like the idea. Doing so would give the author the freedom to define
> different blur radii, spread distances and colors for each side. I'm just
> wondering if and how individual offsets and "inset" should be handled.
>
> box-shadow would then be a shorthand for these new properties.
>
> Sebastian

This can already be done with 'box-shadow'. Does the demo below not
resolve the issue of what is possible?

<!DOCTYPE html>

div {
  width: 200px;
  height: 200px;
  margin: 2em;
  background: silver;
  box-shadow: -1em 0 black, 0px -1em blue, 1em 0 green, 0px 1em olive;
}

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/