RE: [css-syntax] value grammar, <value> type and browser implementations

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 21:55:39 +0100
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
CC: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> css3-syntax now has a more precise definition of how to turn text into
> tokens, and tokens into "component values" (which were known as
> "primitives" in the draft until recently.)

Nice! However, I still have one use case in mind the new syntax doesn't solve (in an elegant way): the operator symbols.

    selector {
       a: if(get(b)==none && get(c)<=2) { 0% } else { 100% };
       b: some;
       c: 3;
    }

    sub-selector {
       b: none;
       c: 1;
    }

I would prefer the grammar of a property value to accept any token inside a block except block terminators <},],)> and not just a limited subset of tokens. But if there's a good reason to limit the subset, that's fine.