Re: AnimationEvents for pseudo-elements

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 16:27:48 -0500
To: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>
CC: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 2/1/13 4:23 PM, Elliott Sprehn wrote:
> Separately I've received personal email from developers expressing that
> they want this to just fire the regular events.

Sure.  If I were designing/shipping this from scratch, firing the
regular events would make total sense.

What worries me is that it'll be a source of compat problems for those
of us who have actually supported transitions/animations on
pseudo-elements for a while.  And I'm frankly tired of being the compat
guinea pig for this sort of stuff on web pages that browser-sniff all
over the place...

-Boris