Re: AnimationEvents for pseudo-elements

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 16:08:59 -0500
To: Alexis Menard <alexis.menard@intel.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 2/1/13 3:28 PM, Alexis Menard wrote:
>> In case it wasn't clear, my proposal is that we have transitionend for
>> normal transitions and something like beforetransitionend for transitions on
>> ::before, say.
>
> But what if in the future we animate more pseudo elements or add
> animatable pseudo elements?

Perhaps the right solution is to have a "pseudotransitionend" that will
fire for any pseudo-element and include the pseudo-element type in the
event?

This would all be a bit less of a compat worry if these events didn't
bubble, but they do...  which means that random transitions/animations
on psuedo-elements way down the tree will trigger listeners on all
ancestors.  :(

-Boris