Re: AnimationEvents for pseudo-elements

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>>> Is that actually compatible with existing content?  In particular, this
>>> will
>>> trigger existing event listeners that didn't use to be triggered
>>> before...
>>

>> In WebKit it definitely won't, because transitions and animations only
>> very recently started working on pseudos anyway.  ^_^
>

> I don't follow this line of reasoning.
>
> What you seem to be saying is:
>
>   Since we didn't support this property on pseudo-elements before,
>   pages aren't going to have any stylesheets applying the property to
>   pseudo-elements.
>
> On the face of it, this implication is not true.  Especially given that
> other UAs _do_ in fact support the property there
>

>> I'd prefer avoiding a rename just for this if we can.
>

> In case it wasn't clear, my proposal is that we have transitionend for
> normal transitions and something like beforetransitionend for transitions on
> ::before, say.

But what if in the future we animate more pseudo elements or add
animatable pseudo elements? We would add events for all of them? It's
seems confusing for the user? Especially that you have to duplicate
them of Animations too.

--
Alexis Menard

Intel Semiconductores do Brasil Ltda.
Ave Dr. Chucri Zaidan, 940, Brooklin, 10 Andar
04583-904 São Paulo, SP
Brazil