Re: AnimationEvents for pseudo-elements

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 14:06:21 -0500
To: Alexis Menard <alexis.menard@intel.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 2/1/13 1:57 PM, Alexis Menard wrote:
>> 2)  I have seen pages that do a -webkit-transition on an element but do the
>> corresponding unprefixed transition and -moz-transition on the
>> pseudo-element on the assumption that unprefixed implementations support the
>> pseudo-element bit and given the data point that Gecko does support it.
>> These pages are not expecting an event on the pseudo-element and would be
>> likely to behave incorrectly if they do get an event for that transition.
>
> So if I understand correctly you mean that the listener on
> "WebKitTransitionEnd" will be called unexpectedly right?

No, I mean that right now the page is getting TransitionEnd events for
the element but not the pseudo-element.  Dispatching them for the
pseudo-element too will change the observed page behavior.

> In the case that a listener was attached to the "transitionend" event
> then from your example it was never called as there was no unprefixed
> transitions on the main element, it will be called now.

Yes.

> Can you point me these examples?

Not offhand; I'll dig around and see if I can find them again.  Just ran
into them when debugging site compat problems...

-Boris