Re: AnimationEvents for pseudo-elements

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 2/1/13 1:21 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>>
>> Yes, so?  People are in fact doing those already, last I checked,
>> because as I said they've been working in Gecko for years.
>

> And to be more precise:
>
> 1)  Gecko has supported transitions on pseudo-elements since Firefox 4
> (March 2011) and animations on pseudo-elements since Firefox 5 (June 2011).
>
> 2)  I have seen pages that do a -webkit-transition on an element but do the
> corresponding unprefixed transition and -moz-transition on the
> pseudo-element on the assumption that unprefixed implementations support the
> pseudo-element bit and given the data point that Gecko does support it.
> These pages are not expecting an event on the pseudo-element and would be
> likely to behave incorrectly if they do get an event for that transition.

So if I understand correctly you mean that the listener on
"WebKitTransitionEnd" will be called unexpectedly right? One solution
would be do not dispatch the event if it is prefixed so we match the
old behaviour.

In the case that a listener was attached to the "transitionend" event
then from your example it was never called as there was no unprefixed
transitions on the main element, it will be called now.

In any case as WebKit is unprefixing the transitions this example is
likely to not behave correctly as the prefixed transition will be
played on the element and the pseudo-element unprefixed transition
will be played.

Can you point me these examples?

--
Alexis Menard

Intel Semiconductores do Brasil Ltda.
Ave Dr. Chucri Zaidan, 940, Brooklin, 10 Andar
04583-904 São Paulo, SP
Brazil