Re: [cssom] Proposal for obtaining robust style information via Javascript - getStyle()

On 1/31/13 9:11 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> In that case, let's get this done.  Francois' outline of a solution
> earlier in this thread sounds great to me.  The only thing I'd change
> is to make the property name optional too, in which case it's
> identical to calling getComputedStyle() on the element.

So it returns a string if you pass in the property name but a random
live object if you don't?

I don't see why we'd want to do that, honestly.

Also, in terms of argument order, I would think that the type of style
would be specified more often than a pseudo-element, but maybe I'm wrong...

Past that, the proposal seems ok to me, I think.

-Boris