Re: [css-shapes][css-masking] Not specified basic shape

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 22:57:20 +0000
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 12/22/13, 12:38 PM, "Dirk Schulze" <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>CSS Shapes has the following syntax for the ’shape-outside’ property[1]:
>
>	auto | [<basic-shape> || <box>] | <image>
>
>This basically allows the following valid example:
>
>	shape-outside: margin-box;
>
>No shape is specified. What is the shape used for this property?

This is defined in section 5:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-shapes/#shapes-from-box-values

For the regular <box> values, it’s the same shape as defined by those
values as for background-clip. It’s the corresponding box *with* any
specified border-radius.

Figure 3 in Example 7 shows an example with the radii, but I think I need
to add another example showing content wrapping around a margin-box where
the border-radius is large.

Thanks,

Alan