Re: [css-masking] clip-rule

On Dec 17, 2013, at 12:30 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> On 12/13/2013 11:27 AM, Dirk Schulze wrote:

>>> Examples are informative.
>>
>> Thanks for the clarification.
>>
>> The definition of clip-rule is still complete. fill-rule is normatively
>> referenced. It is said that UAs must follow what fill-rule does and there
>> is a normative paragraph that clip-rule just applies to descendants of
>> the <clipPath> element.
>
> I can infer that 'evenodd' and 'nonzero' on 'clip-rule' are interpreted
> analogously to 'fill-rule', but nothing says how it is interpreted for
> clipping. Nothing says that it applies to the clipping path, for example,
> as opposed to some other polygon.

Well, because it doesn’t (depending what you see as clipping path). The spec says:

“"
The clip-rule property only applies to graphics elements that are contained within a <clipPath> element.
“"

As an example (from the spec):

  <clipPath id="MyClip">
    <path d="..." clip-rule="evenodd" />
  </clipPath>

Here the clip-rule property applies to the <path> element. The meaning of clip-rule even odd is the same as for fill-rule (also in the spec).

Greetings,
Dirk