Re: [css3-text] indices and animatable

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 6:06 AM, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> wrote:
> fantasai wrote:
>> > As noted previously, both CSS3 Text and CSS3 Writing Modes need
>> > indices. And I think you need to add the 'Animatable' field to the
>> > property definitions.
>>
>> Done. Let me know if there's a problem!
>
> Cool.  Looks like it needs a bit of tidying though.  You've got "tab
> size" and "tab-size", "wrap" and "wrapping", etc.

That's how the index works.  Again, auto-generated.  It just takes the
|-separated content of the title='' attribute, or else the text
content of the definition, and adds them to the index.  However, the
title='' attribute is also used for autolinking, and adding variants
of a term so that you can just autolink your prose without having to
be more explicit about your term is quite normal.

Perhaps I should add an index override to Bikeshed that lets you
specify what the index entry will be.

> For property values, I would suggest using indents rather than entries
> like "text-justify:auto". Switch from title="text-justify:auto" to
> title="text-justify!!auto" and the preprocessor will indent this for
> you.

Once I move Text over to bikeshed, those titles will go away anyway.
I don't see the value in using the !! syntax here, since the
properties are already documented in the property index.