RE: [css-grid-layout] feedback from a user perspective

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:53:34 +0200
To: Mark <markg85@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> "ISSUE 2"
> This issue talks about subgrids with a "display: subgrid" property. I
> think that would be confusing. Just stick t display: grid; Even with
> subgrids. Then describe it somewhat like this: "If a grid item itself
> also has a display: grid; property set then that item is handled as a
> grid."

Hi Mark. Because this issue has been added in part because of my feedback, I would like to point out that there's a difference between a grid and a subgrid.

A subgrid element is 'transparent' to the parent grid, ie: it's just as if the child elements of the subgrid were in fact children of the parent grid (well, in reality, there are a few subtilities because their row/column indexing would work a bit differently but that's the rought idea).

It's obviously possible to nest a grid inside another grid using 'display: grid' and it will work as expected, if it's what you were wondering.