Re: [cssom-view] Add a "smooth" parameter to scrollTo and scrollBy functions

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org> wrote:
> But... since it's clear that scrolling experiments can be done with
> JavaScript and since it seems there's not consensus on what's wanted,
> isn't it too early to put it into CSS?

"Experiments" have been done for a while.  I think browsers can play
with usability themselves at this point.

The fact is, smooth scrolling is becoming more common, it seems to be
good for UX when done well, and doing it in JS is quite janky and
power-hungry.  That makes it a good candidate for absorbing into the
browser.

~TJ