Re: [cssom-view] Add a "smooth" parameter to scrollTo and scrollBy functions

On Mon, 2013-04-01 at 12:53 -0700, Garrett Smith wrote:
> On 4/1/13, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Please don't feed the troll.
> >
> Somebody here *really* needs a pony.

I can give you a unicorn - e.g. [1].

I prefer the constant-time scrolling to the constant speed, because I'm
impatient. Actually a compromise might be be constant-time with a
fade-in/fade-out lacuna if the speed would need to be too great.

But... since it's clear that scrolling experiments can be done with
JavaScript and since it seems there's not consensus on what's wanted,
isn't it too early to put it into CSS?

Liam

[1] http://www.fromoldbooks.org/Jameson-SacredAndLegendaryArt-VolII/pages/577-detail-unicorn/