[mediaqueries] Doesn't the spec contains an inexistent token in syntax definition?

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 17:36:58 +0100
To: "CSS WG" <www-style@w3.org>
Hi all,

While I was trying to explain to the guys over Microsoft Connect that
Internet Explorer should support the ‘calc()’ function in media queries
arguments (something no browser seems to do right now), I noticed there’s a
problem with the actual defintion of the syntax of CSS Media Queries.
Indeed, the spec uses an "expr" token in its "expression" definition :

    media_query
     : [ONLY | NOT]? S* media_type S* [ AND S* expression ]*
     | expression [ AND S* expression ]*
     ;

    expression
     : '(' S* media_feature S* [ ':' S* expr ]? ')' S*
     ;

but refers to CSS 2.1 Grammar [1] which doesn't seem to define any 'expr'
token at all. However, the "expr" token is defined in the CSS3-Syntax spec
[2], but this is a WD spec and it is not referenced by the CSSMQ REC.

If I follow the CSS3-Syntax spec, "calc(100px)" is indeed a valid value for
calculations, and Tab seemed to confirm me it should be supported. Could
someone clearly state that it's indeed the case (and hopefully fix the issue
by incorporating the 'expr' definition in the CSSMQ spec as an errata)?

Best regards,
François

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-CSS2-20110607/syndata.html#tokenization
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-syntax/#grammar0