Re: Selector Parsing for Selectors API

On 10/30/12 6:42 AM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> I would like for Selectors 4 to more clearly address these issues by
> defining parsing in a better way.

That sounds great, as long as it's done by reference to CSS parsing
(e.g. by saying that at the end of the selector string end-of-stylesheet
rules apply).  Just please don't go write a separate, incompatible,
selector parsing spec.  ;)

> In particular, defining when an
> implementation should and should not throw a syntax error for those
> cases discussed in the thread.

My personal vote would be to not throw on anything handled by existing
CSS error recovery rules (which happens to be the behavior of every UA
that implements said rules right now).

-Boris