Replace document.elementFromPoint() and document.caretPositionFromPoint() by functions named like similar functions returning all elements under the given point

From: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 07:44:06 +0100
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
document.elementFromPoint() and document.caretPositionFromPoint() are
defined to use hit testing to return the uppermost element resp. a range
related to it at a specific viewport point[1].
My question is now, what to do when you want to get elements lying under it?
Therefore I suggest that these functions should be replaced by functions
returning all elements under that specific point sorted descending by their
z-order.

Also their current names don't comply with the naming of similar functions
like document.getElementsByName().
So I'd say they should be renamed to document.getElementsFromPoint() and
document.getCaretPositionsFromPoint().

For reference: I already mentioned these points in another thread[2][3].

Sebastian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/cssom-view/#extensions-to-the-document-interface
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Oct/0702.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Oct/0757.html