Re: [css-masking] new value for 'mask-clip'

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> The ellipse defined by this image would clip on the border box of the
> container. In absolute coordinates: cx=100, cy=100, rx=100, ry=100. Even
> with a value 'mask-clip: none', the ellipse would be the size of the
> container and clip to the border box of the container. But in the case
> above, you may want the ellipse mask the the whole group and not just the
> container.

In CSS you can't do anything with that "whole group box". It doesn't really
exist as a concept. (Except, arguably, influencing what you can scroll to
in a scrollable container.) I'm not sure we want to introduce it just for
the sake of masking here.

It would be more convincing if you could come up with an actual use-case.

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]