Re: [css3-mediaqueries] (min-resolution: 0dpi) is false in several browsers.

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 21:01:54 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 8:39 AM, François REMY
> <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> |  (It there a convention in English or in specs that "positive" means
>> |  "strictly positive" rather than "positive or zero"?)
>>
>> This was discussed a while back and, in English, the definition of
>> 'positive' excludes zero (to the contrary of French & Dutch
>> definition). To
>> refer to 'strictly positive or null' the wording in use is
>> 'non-negative' if
>> I remember correctly.
>
> Given that the last several editors of MQ3 were French and Dutch, my
> hypothesis that it was just sloppy wording, and not actually intended
> to exclude 0, seems to be well-supported. ^_^

This predates me, so I can neither blamed or praised for it, but I do
support the current wording. The only use of 0, with or without unit, on
the resolution media feature would be to detect support for it, and this
can be achieved with (resolution). Any other use is non nonsensical, so it
is a reasonable to disallow them.

  - Florian