Re: [css-masking] new value for 'mask-clip'

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:04:13 -0700
To: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>
CC: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>

On Oct 24, 2012, at 2:47 PM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org<mailto:robert@ocallahan.org>> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com<mailto:dschulze@adobe.com>> wrote:
Relative values on SVG for example:

<svg width="100%" height="100%">

Which is very common on SVG, since these are the default values.

Aren't those resolved relative to the background painting area, not the background clip area?
That would make sense for backgrounds, since a background can't overflow. It would not be the desired way for masking, since it means you always clip overflowing content with an SVG file. Something that I would like to avoid.

Greetings,
Dirk

Rob
--
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. ... If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]