Re: [css4-selectors] Hovering and user intent

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:47:18 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
On 10/24/12 2:45 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 10/24/12 12:53 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
>> A related question is whether elements that end up under the mouse
>> pointer when scrolling should be considered to be hovered.
>
> In general, I would say yes.

Ah, though perhaps the difference is "when scrolling" vs "after scrolling".

For the latter, I would definitely say "yes".

For the former, I think it's sort of up to implementations.  In addition
to the change I linked to, we never update hover state more often than
about every 16ms, so clearly as you scroll some stuff will pass under
the pointer without entering hover state.

-Boris