Re: [css3-flexbox] possible-paradox in spec: effects of "float" on a table-component in a flex container?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:59:17 -0700
To: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Ugh, dependencies in computed values are annoying.

My preferred resolution is, I think, basically the same as yours.  I'd
like to define that the *layout* effects of 'float' only happen if the
float is in a block context (I guess defined by seeking up the
ancestor chain until you find a non-auto value for display-inside, and
checking that the value is 'block').  However, the computed value
effects apply no matter what (forcing display-outside to
'block-level').