Re: [css3-syntax][css21] More problems with determining the character encoding

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> For
> example, say you have a referencing document encoded with JIS X 0201, which
> looks like US-ASCII except for 0x5C, which, instead of REVERSE SOLIDUS
> (backslash), denotes YEN SIGN.

Fortunately, JIS X 0201 is not relevant on the Web.

It’s not included in the Encoding Standard. It is not supported by
Gecko. I didn’t bother checking other browsers.

I request that the WG make it non-conforming to encode a text/css
resource in JIS X 0201 and make it non-conforming for a CSS
implementation to support decoding text/css as JIS X 0201. The easiest
way to do this would be by reference to the Encoding Standard.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi