Re: [css3-values] Editoria,, resolution units: physical inch vs. CSS inch.

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:24:03 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
Le 23/10/2012 01:44, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> I'm fine with making it clearer in the <resolution> definition that
> the lengths mentioned are CSS units, not real lengths.  All existing
> uses of <resolution> agree with that.

Great. This was the main issue in my previous message. (There was
confusion in another thread between the resolution MQ and the physical
DPI of a mobile device.)

> The definition of "dot" is purposely ambiguous, because it has at
> least two definitions, depending on usage.  For MQ, it's a device
> pixel.  For Images, its an image pixel.  Each use of <resolution>
> needs to define what it means by "dot".  I'm also fine with adding a
> requirement to this effect into the spec.

Oh, I see. But when first reading the spec I had no way to know this was
on purpose. This is really minor compared to the other issue, but I’d
prefer to have a note as you say rather than leave it ambiguous.

--
Simon Sapin