[css3-values] Editoria,, resolution units: physical inch vs. CSS inch.

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:41:08 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

css3-values defines the dpi unit as "dots per inch". (And similarly for
dpcm.) I think this is too little for two reasons.

First, there is no definition of a "dot". css3-mediaqueries at least
imply that it is a device pixel.

More importantly, "inch" is ambiguous: it could be a physical inch or a
CSS inch. I think it should explicitly say "per CSS inch" or "per `in`
unit" (like it does for dppx), perhaps with a link to section 5.2 where
absolute length units are defined.

--
Simon Sapin