Re: Haptics CSS extension proposal

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 11:01:06 +0200
To: Chris Nager <cnager@gmail.com>,www-style@w3.org

Chris Nager <cnager@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi, Tab Atkins, Jr.
>I appreciate your feedback. Though the devices that use haptics are
>there's nothing wrong with proposing possible properties and syntax on
>we could take advantage of these future hardware features. Even if many
>my proposed properties (like temperature) are not able to be used any
>soon, the syntax is arguably future proof and allows for a certain
>of change.

Thinking about what might be possible, and using that as feedback to companies developing haptic devices ("look what we could do if you changed your design just a little bit like this") can be valuable, but I think standardising it is premature, given the lack of certitude there will ever be a device capable of supporting it, let alone interested in doing so.