Re: Haptics CSS extension proposal

Chris Nager <cnager@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi, Tab Atkins, Jr.
>
>I appreciate your feedback. Though the devices that use haptics are
>rare,
>there's nothing wrong with proposing possible properties and syntax on
>how
>we could take advantage of these future hardware features. Even if many
>of
>my proposed properties (like temperature) are not able to be used any
>time
>soon, the syntax is arguably future proof and allows for a certain
>degree
>of change.

Thinking about what might be possible, and using that as feedback to companies developing haptic devices ("look what we could do if you changed your design just a little bit like this") can be valuable, but I think standardising it is premature, given the lack of certitude there will ever be a device capable of supporting it, let alone interested in doing so.

Florian