Re: Haptics CSS extension proposal

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 19:46:15 +0200
To: Chris Nager <cnager@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
Le 19/10/2012 18:53, Chris Nager a écrit :
> On this issue of Haptics, I proposed a CSS syntax for touchable textures
> yesterday.
> Read it here:
> http://chrisnager.com/touchable-textures-with-css-can-you-feel-me/

Hi Chris,

It looks like you are replying to another email. Is that one archived

This is only my personal opinion, but discussing the details of the
syntax seems a bit premature. What are the devices that could use this?
What exactly are the capabilities of these devices?

Looking at the video at the bottom of your blog post, there is
apparently a prototype for something giving the illusion of friction,
but I don’t see anything about other physical properties like temperature.

Simon Sapin