Re: [css4-images] Color stop syntax

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:02:36 -0700
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, www-style@w3.org
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Placing a midpoint at the beginning or ending wouldn't make sense anyway.

Of course.  I'm just saying, the behavior is *slightly* different. ^_^

> I'm surprised that a change such as this is still OK. If we can still
> make changes, can we also get rid of the whole notion of premultiplied
> alpha and just special case 'transparent'?

We can make *additions*, turning previously-invalid syntax into valid
syntax with new behavior.  That's the *entire point* of
forward-compatible parsing.

We can't make *changes* unless we're confident that they won't break things.

In any case, premultiplied alpha is the best thing to do.  I don't
know why you hate it.  And this isn't the thread to revisit it.  ^_^