Re: [css-style-attr][css3-namespace] Namespace prefixes in style attributes?

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:31:37 -0400
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Cc: WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, 2012-10-16 at 15:10 +0200, Simon Sapin wrote:
[...]
> What prefix declarations should apply to style attributes? For example:

>       style="content: '[' attr(xlink|href) ']';"/>
>
> I see two possibilities:
>
> * None. As if the declarations were in an implicit stylesheet that has
>    no @namespace rule.
> * If the host language has namespace prefixes (like XML does), "inherit"
>    the namespace declarations from the element.

A third might be to add a way to declare a prefix inline, for example,
@prefix('x', get-namespace-name(@href))

In particular, be aware that XML software is free to change namespace
prefixes as it processes a document - including the good old trusty XSLT
1.0 implementations in today's Web browsers! - and that there might not
actually be a prefix for an element.

(I don't actually know a CSS selector for an attribute as opposed to the
attribute's value, sorry)

Liam