[css3-values] Undefined namespace prefix in attr()

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:53:31 +0200
To: WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

 From css3-namespace:

> CSS qualified names can be used in (for example) selectors and
> property values as described in other modules. Those modules must
> define handling of namespace prefixes that have not been properly
> declared. Such handling should treat undeclared namespace prefixes as
> a parsing error that will cause the selector or declaration (etc.) to
> be considered invalid and, in CSS, ignored.

css3-values uses qualified names in attr(), but does not define the
error handling for undeclared prefixes. (Or did I miss it?)

Proposed change: in the list after "The attr() expression is only valid
if", add an item:

  # The attribute name is not qualified with an undeclared
  # namespace prefix.

(I donít like the double negation, but I canít find a better wording for
now.)

--
Simon Sapin