Re: [cssom] Proposing a getDefaultComputedStyle method

> On 10/12/12 11:23 PM, "Mike Sherov" <mike.sherov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The use case here is $(elem).show() when the author rules say the CSS
>> display value is "none". What CSS display value should be added?
>> Without keeping a large map of elements to default value, its
>> impossible to say without jumping through hoops.
>
> That's the only use case I've seen for this so far.
>
>> We even have several tickets dedicated to working around the issue be
>> using the .hidden property of the element, but that'll be a dead end
>> too.
>
> How does the hidden property not solve it?

Authors can do:
li {display:none}

And in this case, it doesn't matter what the elements .hidden property
is, it's not going to be displayed unless you add an inline style of
display:list-item.

If the value of display:default is equivalent, awesome.