Re: [css3-values][css3-page] Viewport-percentage length units in the page context.

Le 13/10/2012 10:55, Simon Sapin a écrit :
> While writing this, I notice another kind of cycle. css3-page defines:
> "The page context inherits from the root element." How about this?
>
>       :root { font-size: 1vw }
>       @page { width: 200em }
>
> I can’t find a satisfying way to resolve this one. Any ideas?

It’s actually worse than I thought. With css3-page, the size of the page
(and thus, of the ICB) can change in across pages in the same document.
css3-values explicitly says that vw and friends are affected.

However, the computed value of most length-based properties is supposed
to be absolute. For example, em-based values are made absolute at this
point, much earlier than layout. What about vw? Computed values apply to
elements, not box fragments. Should every element have a (potentially)
different set of computed values for every page?

--
Simon Sapin