Re: Alternative Style Sheets

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:23:13 -0400
To: "Perry Smith" <pedzsan@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On 09/10/2012 04:24, Perry Smith wrote:
> I've recently bumped into the concept of alternative style sheets.
> e.g. @import can have a name or an HTML link tag can have a title.
> Firefox provides a way to pick between them.  I don't see a method
> with Chrome or Safari.

It's possible to install "Style Chooser" extension (now at version 1.2)

in Chrome 22.0.1229.94. It will display/provide an icon in the address bar
if and only if a webpage has alternate stylesheet(s). Once clicked, a
drop-down list of alternate stylesheets appear with each of those
I just tested the whole thing and it went nice with this page:

When you try this page, you should not use the links in the page.

Also, you did not mention Opera: Opera, just like Firefox, lists alternate
stylesheet with View/Style (in menu bar).

> The one thing I thought
> perhaps FF would do is remember the style I picked if I went back to
> a page but it does not.

Usually, web authors are able to overcome this absence by cookie management.

and then search for the text
"(Uses cookies to store your choice)"

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite