Re: position: pointer

From: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 13:21:42 +0300
To: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
I won't go into how bad accessibility/UX I think those are, but it's a
valid use case.

That said, stationary tooltips (especially ones that contain interactive UI
elements) are better placed relative to the element they are tooltips of
(rather than relative to mouse position), and can already be achieved in
pure markup, I made a small jsfiddle to demonstrate this [1].

Cheers,
Jussi

[1] http://jsfiddle.net/quinnirill/VkKmT/