[CSS21] Question on height of inline-block (possible error in § 10.6.6)

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 23:29:59 -0400
Hello,

I am not sure I understand this quote from the spec:

"
For 'inline-block' elements, the margin box is used when calculating the
height of the line box.
"
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#block-root-margin

It does not make sense in my mind...

Can someone show me an example or a test where this happens?

I fail to see how this statement can be demonstrated or verified and why
it should be correct to begin with.

----------

In this test

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/inline-block-non-replaced-height-002.htm

shouldn't the computed value of line-height of the inner div inside div#div2
be 96px? The computed value of line-height of the inner div inside
div#div2 is reported to be 0px in Firefox 16.0's DOM inspector, in Opera
12.02's DragonFly and in Chrome 22.0.1229.92's web inspector.

==============

I think there is an error in that section 10.6.6

"
For 'inline-block' elements, the margin box is used when calculating the
height of the line box.
"

should be instead/rather

"
For 'inline-block' elements, the margin box is used when calculating the
height of the inline box.
"

So, am I wrong here?

Gérard