Re: [css2.1] tokenizer syntax - handling escaped null in badstring

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:58:27 +0800
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>wrote:

> [Glenn Adams:]
>
> > I don't think I expressed a preference.
>
> I inferred this from your statement: "I would have preferred to see NULL
> excluded from escaping". Or was that just derived from the codebase you
> intend to patch?

ah, right, my review of my prior mail failed to see that sentence... yes,
it was primarily based on the codebase i was reviewing)... it would seem a
bit easier to not have to admit < \\, NUL > for implementation reasons;
there is really no loss of functionality if this is not supported, since if
the author really wants a NUL, then can just use < \\, 0, SPACE > or
perhaps < \\, 0 > if the context permits.