Re: [css3-flexbox] Children of flex items ignoring cross-axis percentage length

From: Rudolph Gottesheim <r.gottesheim@loot.at>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 23:31:00 +0200
To: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Morten Stenshorne <mstensho@opera.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Am 09.10.2012 19:50, schrieb Ojan Vafai:
> If you make the flexitems themselves also be flexboxes, then you can get
> the desired layout: http://jsfiddle.net/GgzGf/3/

That's an awesome solution, even though it feels a little hacky.

I'll use that for now, but I really think there should be put some more
thought into what I've pointed out. Horizontal menus are one of *the*
use cases for flexbox* and so they should work as "expected". I know
it's not easy to suit everyone's needs, but this really seems important
to me.

* For layouting, Microsoft's grid system is better suited, I think