Re: [css3-flexbox] stretch apply to percentage heights WAS: Children of flex items ignoring cross-axis percentage length

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org> wrote:
> http://jsfiddle.net/GgzGf/6/
>
> If a percentage height doesn't apply (e.g. because it's standards mode and
> the containing block is auto-sized), should stretch apply to that flex item?
>
> Currently in WebKit and, per the flexbox spec, it does not. I don't feel
> strongly either way. Just want to confirm that this is the desired behavior.

Actually, according to 2.1
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#the-height-property>, a
non-resolvable percentage height should *compute* to auto, which means
that "stretch" should apply to it.

So it looks like our current behavior is a bug - you shouldn't see any
blue in your testcase.