Re: [css3][background] background-size as the background shorthand

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 17:11:09 +0200
To: "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, <www-style@w3.org>
|  Sounds like a WebKit-specific legacy problem. I don't think we should
|  make everyone else change just because WebKit had a bug. If the sites
|  in question were coded to the standard and tested across platforms,
|  this problem would not be showing up.

For what it's worth, I have been facing this bug of Wekkit some time ago.
Every browser shadowed a forgotten and inherited (less-specific)
background-size declaration, but not webkit. It took me some time to track
the issue down because this resulted in the drawing on the whole background
of one single pixel of an image, which happened to be the background color I
had set on the element such that I thought the image was not showing at all
on webkit (in fact, it's Tab who found the error in my code, I think).

So, I'm enclined to agree that this is a Webkit bug that should be fixed in
Webkit and not propagated to other browsers.