Re: The CSS Problem

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:05:28 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins, Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
> Experience within CSS and with many other layout systems shows that
> you get good returns from making specialized, orthogonal layout
> managers.

Out of curiosity, what data or research backs this up? As far as I
know CSS did surprisingly well without any good layout mechanism for
more than a decade.

Other than that, I must say I hoped for more from the Working Group
but I’m looking forward to being proven wrong on my assessment that
CSS is growing too large, too fast.

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/