Re: [CSS-Variables] Suggestion of change to time of substitution

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 21:19:37 +0100
To: "Tom Potts" <karaken12@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "CSS WG" <www-style@w3.org>
|  I don't think a change like this can be made just in the CSS-CUSTOMS
module.

According to me, it’s possible to do so. We’re just defining a new first
step in the value computation of a property (and we're therefore covering
the error recovery at the CSS-CUSTOMS/CSS-VARIABLES level). If we modify
CSS-CASCADE to incorporate things that are related to CSS-CUSTOMS we may
make it impossible to have the spec go CR when it's ready because
CSS-CUSTOMS will still be WD. That's an issue we probably don't want (even
if we want variables to become a CR too, naturally).

Tab, an opinion about that?