Re: Behavior of device-pixel-ratio under zoom

I agree with David and Rune, if that wasn't already clear.

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:

> We (Apple) feel quite strongly that device-pixel-ratio, like
> window.devicePixelRatio,
> should not change under zoom. It's answering a question about the device
> hardware,
> not the current zoom state of the page.
>
> I think in general authors should not be able to directly affect the
> layout of the page
> under different zoom levels. Zooming should shouldn't have unsurprising
> side effects
> for the user.

For years Firefox has supported a zoom mode that does relayout the page (by
changing the viewport size in CSS pixels). I believe Safari has supported
something similar.

I'm asking whether *that* kind of zoom should affect devicePixelRatio and
device-pixel-ratio.

Rob
--
Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the
Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority