Re: [css21] undo style declarations / cascading

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 18:13:03 +0100
To: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
CC: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Le 09/11/2012 14:27, François REMY a écrit :
> I'm unaware of any precise decision about the location (=origin) where
> attributes styling lays in the style stack so I don't know what is the
> specced outcome.

These are called "presentational hints" and CSS 2.1 defines that they
have specificity 0, author origin, and are "before" any other author CSS
declarations:

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html#preshint

Although with the recent work in css3-cascade, the details may change.
See Tab’s message earlier in this thread.

--
Simon Sapin