Re: [css-variables] $ for declaration? (not a variable on the left)

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 07:15:45 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
I think I see... You are saying the assignment (not necessarily declaration
and assignment) and use, as in...

x=2;

The x part is, generally speaking, the same regardless of which side it is
on?  I have to admit that I find that compelling as an argument.  I am not
sure that is generally true when the thing begins with $ which often has
special meaning, or that it entirely alleviates/negates or should trump the
points/observations/concerns I or others have raised, but at least I get it
now :)

Given the silence of this thread, maybe I am alone in those concerns.