Re: [css3-syntax][css3-values] use of IRIs in url() values

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 12:26:51 +1000
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
I completely missed out the closing parenthesis; try
instead.  It maybe doesn't matter though.

Bjoern Hoehrmann:
> It's neither a IRI nor a URI because it includes spaces, for instance. I
> think one would generally call out IRIs as opposed to URIs for strings
> that are an IRI but not a URI. In the example above, the url() string is
> no URI, how CSS would handle that... Well, I think there was once text
> in a suitable draft that addressed that, after I raised the issue like
> http://www.w3.org/mid/3f3558e4.194525703@smtp.bjoern.hoehrmann.de nine
> years go (member-only link), but it seems css3-values does not currently
> address the problem.

I am confused by your "it's neither a IRI nor a URI because it includes
spaces" comment, since the
url(http://räksmörgås.josefsson.org/raksmorgas.jpg) value doesn't have
any spaces I can see.

By the way, the reason I ask about all this is so that I can I replace
all of the <funciri>s in SVG with <url>s, if possible.