Re: [css3-lists] Split @counter-style out?

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 00:21:37 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 21/05/2012 21:26, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> However, fantasai pointed out in private conversation during the f2f
> that the @counter-style part of the spec has received decent review
> and interest, and could proceed independently of the stuff about
> marker positioning and the like.
>
> Would anyone object if I pulled the @counter-style and symbols()
> function out into a separate spec that I could then request LC for?

I’m in favor. I can report that even without @counter-style in syntax,
the algorithm descriptions in Lists3 were useful for implementing CSS
2.1 (which is a bit under-specified in this area.)

In contrast I haven’t looked much in marker positioning yet, neither the
implementation (this area of WeasyPrint is still a bit messy) nor the spec.

--
Simon Sapin