Re: NUMBER vs <number>

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 22:28:25 +0200
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
* Bert Bos wrote:
>The issue was about whether comments and spaces are allowed after the
>sign in property values that are defined as <number>, <length> or
><percentage>, i.e.:
>
>    margin: -22em
>vs
>    margin: -/*negative*/22em

>So the actual edit to CSS 2.1 is easy, I think: just add that word
>"immediately" that css3-values already has. It goes into section 4.3.1.

The Recommendation says "COMMENT tokens do not occur in the grammar (to
keep it readable), but any number of these tokens may appear anywhere
outside other tokens." If the "-" and the "22em" are two tokens, then
adding "immediately" somewhere is not sufficient to clarify that between
these particular tokens COMMENTs are not allowed, given the quoted text.